Linocuts

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Shetland Tuesday

Yet again I forgot to take my camera.  Today was going to the shop day.  I discovered that I could get a signal here and while I was at it thought to take a photo.
Despite what it looks like, the weather was dry!  I succumbed to the thought of breakfast pie and got a ham hock.  A nunoo is all very well but Angel was being so good that I thought she deserved something a little bit more rewarding to pounce on.
She let herself down on the way back.  The same sheep that she'd spotted on the breakfast walk - it had managed to escape from the field but couldn't find it's way back in and was bleating pitifully to its mam - was still wandering when we came back and managed to get itself stuck between an approaching 4 wheel drive, going very slowly, and us, Angel anxious to show her sheep dog skills and me with my eyes shut.
The driver was Jo's mum.  Jo is Jean's grandson and was 4 on Sunday.  His older sister, Holly goes to Ollaberry school, which has nine pupils - an all time low apparantly but the school roll will be doubled when Jo's year starts.

This is another view from the Bardister road.  It was here that I am pretty sure I saw Arctic Skuas and a curlew - though it might have been a whimbrel since they breed up here according to the RSPB site.  Maybe I'll have my camera next time I see them, I can't get the hang of the camera on my mobile and it doesn't seem to zoom.
I finished up the afternoon making chocolate sauce to go on what is left of the chocolate pudding.
2 cocoa:4 water:5 sugar - I measured in tablespoons
bring to boil stirring and boil for a minute.

It was very chocolaty. The other is the pea soup and the ham left from the dog's bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment