Linocuts

Monday 7 October 2013

Shetland Sunday

I drew the curtains back this morning on rabbits. I had to draw them last night to stop Angel barking at the reflections from the room.
The local bread made up for the lack of croissants and I remembered how to make coffee in a jug, though I found a coffee making machine that I'm going to try out tomorrow.


It's been a day for birds, though nothing to attract twitchers.  I definitely saw hooded crows and think I might have seen rock buntings in among them. I found a couple of bird id websites to look them up on. It was a day for birds, some I recognised, lapwings, and others I guessed at - dunlins I think and some flying geese that were grey with a black edge to their wings.
This was on the walk to Ollaberry and, of course, I forgot to take my camera so there are no pics for that.  The wind was behind us on the way there and so against us and full of rain on the way back.  The Ollaberry shop is right by the turning for Bardister and so not half as far as the place itself.  It reminds me of the shop on Birkhill more than anywhere else.  I resisted the temptation to buy a breakfast pie cos I'm making fish pie for tea and then seeing if I can make a chocolate microwave sponge using the 1/4 cup and spoon measures I brought in case there wasn't a set of scales here - there isn't - and a conversion site.
Later, full of fish pie and successful, if a bit dry, chocolate pud, watching NCIS on the telly with an exhausted Angel curled up next to me - she didn't balk at the walking but has shown no inclination to shift since we got back.  Except to beg for fish from the pie of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment