Linocuts

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Springing

I got the feeling that it was never going to happen - the cold wind would blow forever, the sun would never shine, the hyacinths would stay stunted and then Friday happened:

and by Sunday morning, it was warm enough for...
... breakfast in the garden.





Susan came up on Sunday and we 'did' the art gallery yesterday. I'm not going to go on about arches - I'm going to have a go at drawing some when I've finished this - but aren't they lovely and what I think are called vaulted ceilings:




Susan is doing an oil painting course for three days - that's why she's here - and she brought her textile sketchbook with her:





 



1 comment:

  1. I can feel how you are "springing" on the hyacinths photo, and how it's warm on the breakfast photo.

    I also enjoy spring very much. But it is not so warm for outdoor breakfast.

    My breakfast is yogurt, fruit & vegetable juice, boiled egg, banana, and bread. Tea with milk is for break time on 10 o'clock.

    ReplyDelete