Linocuts

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Don't bank on it.

What a week for learning not to take for granted!
Monday was singing rehearsal and I didn't miss it last week because there wasn't one because Gary's partner is so ill that he can't give us the time, so..
extra rehearsal on Saturday and Andy conducting and Mark piano playing.  Don't mind any of this, just hope that Gary is OK. 
Tuesday, I decided to book for the printmaking only to find that the Wednesday group had been cancelled.
Never mind, there was one place left on the group on Thursday.
Turned up on Thursday, no Jonathan.  Instead the group is being run by the woman who was the technician for half of last term (the one who stood and read the old newspapers used to cover the clean up bench,) whose speciality is screen printing and her technician was someone borrowed from textiles, who is also a screen printer and who turned to Keith for advice to give me for etching - Keith, who is on his fourth term as a customer. 
Thursday, I also went to see Edith as usual.  The door had it's 'check with the office' notice up and it was 'd&v' on Edith's unit - d&v = diarrhoea and vomiting, so I didn't visit, just left her the 'Woman's Weekly'.  On Saturday, Edith's daughter knocked to say that her Mum had been in hospital since early Thursday morning.  I wonder what they would have said if I had gone to visit and found that she wasn't there.
The upheavel may be tiny, but it is, I think, why a dream woke me up and had me making myself a cup of tea at half past five this morning, much to Angel's disgust.  The ladybird I found in the bed didn't look to happy either.
And the internet keeps crashing on me.
And, though this should not surprise me, statistics about exam results are managing to wind me up.  I was going to rant about them but I do not have the energy and/or accurate enough information to be anything but ranty on the topic, so I'm letting it go.

 

My head might be in a bit of a tizz, but spring is being beautiful, regardless.  I took this on Saturday when I was going to blog, but the sun was out. 
Sunday was the concert and it was fantastic.  I didn't even mind being in the front row just behind the bass trombone.  I think I could have resung the Christmas Concert and no-one would have noticed.

The buzz was even better than last time, cos I wasn't so scared of hitting the wrong notes - not just because of the trombone, my ability to keep hold of a tune is -well I wouldn't say reliable - firmer than it was.

This is the camelia that Susan got Mum a few years back - now I think of it, the violets came as an extra in a plant pot from Susan's too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The wood anemones in Miggy Wood when me and Angel went for a walk yesterday:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment