Linocuts

Friday 12 February 2010

Reminiscing

I'm just back from a few days with mum. We finished sorting and labeling the box of photos and I rephoto'd the Sitwell Street ones as well as finding booklets of Eckington reminiscences full of pictures of the village - some places I'd totally forgotten, like the Sally Army Hall.

This is Susan and Alan Finney outside our house.

Here, we're down Tricia's back garden.


These two are the last of the old houses still standing on the street. The Goslings lived in the bottom house - they played out in the summer in no shoes and no knickers.

I'm on my fourth version of the fox on the roof. I spent a morning wandering round the village taking photos to help with the mapping. The trouble with pictures in my head is that they inhabit more than 4 dimensions in there - everything fits in a way that it won't on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment