Linocuts

Monday 22 February 2010

115 steps a minute!

So, I've found a baseline for my steps a day - although I'm tempted not to include my present walks or I'll end up spending all day walking - and today I had to do 10 minutes of fast -or as they say 'optimum' - walking pace. I found out two things.
  1. If I go at a reasonable speed it doesn't take me 10 minutes to get to the park, it was 7 this morning.
  2. Angel is NOT happy to stay at my side - I think I must have been dragging her half the time (which, incidentally, would not do my technique, my speed or my pace length any good). I'm not sure because I didn't turn round to look, just kept her on a short lead and kept on going. So maybe while I'm training me into better walking habits, I'll be training her too. I sometimes wonder if she likes following other people so much because I'm not enough of a leader.

I did 109.5 steps a minute today, which was not bad considering 2 above and the fact that the causeway was treacherous with ice slush and snow. The aim is at least 115. I did feel as if I had had some exercise when I finished the 10 minutes, half way across the football pitch, though so I am going to persist.

This is the end of St Mary's yesterday morning - I'm going to have to do it after dark to get the stained glass window. Jude did the sermon and it was about temptation to sin. She said it was harder to preach about sin to us than to teenagers and it made me think of how Howard seemed to imply I didn't sin. Jude is right the older you are the harder your sins are to spot. The sermon and prayers thought three to mind to go with Jesus's 3 temptations in the wilderness. Temper, reason and fear. The long term two are the sin of the other brother in the prodigal son and the priests in 'cast the first stone' - I'll have a go at them when I've had some success with the easier (haha) three.

The writing is going OK - I've done 5,000 words and when I have got stuck, I've worked through it - taraaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment