Linocuts

Sunday 24 February 2013

Reorganised

I'm not sure that changing templates was a thought out move but I wanted a broader page and sort of got changed before I knew it.  It does mean that the layout on past posts is b. awful, but never mind.
I've also decided to revamp my pages. 
So, my home page is just news. It was one of those weeks - by Monday I had 5 things to do and three of them were on Wednesday evening and 2 on Saturday morning! 
I spent some time on Monday painting planters in the park. They're going to go on Town Street, I think without the rubbish and with compost and plants.  Parks Department will move them for us (Beeston in Bloom)
You can't see all the paint I got on my jacket, but it washed off lovely.

For Lent, I'm going to let people know I believe in God and learn about Julian of Norwich and what she said. As a result so far I have had one snort of derision, two interesting conversations and one I could have done without but it passed the time.
Because of overbooking I missed printmaking on Wednesday and so decided to try and put the group pic onto a piece of boardish paper that I got to paint with acrylics on.  Painting is hard.  Not the doing it, that's fun.  It's getting it to look like I want it to look that doesn't seem to happen. 
Instead of facing up to the possibility that I might be just as crap at printing, I went to Linda's and then my last PCC meeting instead.  It turned out that Sandra knew of Julian of Norwich and is going to lend me a book, so that's a + for the evening.
I've been helping design a website - if you click on it, it will push it up the search engine ratings for them! www.holbeckinbloom.btck.co.uk
Yesterday, singing clashed with Beeston in Bloom weeding - so I went singing instead of gardening in the snowy rain.  We did, 'with one look' but not as if we were stark-staring, just as if we were under the delusion that we could do what we sang we could.  And added choreography to a couple of numbers which was a chance to forget words and tunes and have hysterics.
I don't know if this works as a blog. 
Julian of Norwich - all that is, is 'a little thing, the quantity of a hazel-nut... as round as a ball... methought it might suddenly have fallen to naught for littleness and I was answered in my understanding: It lasteth, and ever shall for that God loveth it.'






No comments:

Post a Comment