Linocuts

Sunday 20 January 2013

The promise, the hint, the delivery of SNOOOOOOW


Last Saturday, we tidied the garden in the park.  You know, cleared all the dead twiggy stuff that protects the plants
on days like this.


 
Sunrise on Tuesday was quite colourful.  Despite this shepherd's warning I set off to go to York for the day.  I changed my  mind when it started snowing and spent the morning in the Art Gallery and Library instead.
This is the stair/light well inside the lending library.  The dog-lioness hanging on for grim life

is getting a face wash, when you see her from the other side - or maybe a kiss.


 
This is the local history room at the very top.  Isn't it just glorious!


By Thursday it had started to snow!  Dot and Carrie didn't seem to happy to be shut in.
Tracey has posted photos of snow in Wales which are much more impressive on her facebook page.  This is the bottom of her garden
and this is Finland from Blipfoto - WanhaHukko:
But I'm not jealous,  honest I'm not!
On the picture front, Betsy announced, on facebook too, that she was putting a nex pic on Etsy.  I couldn't find it there.
Why not?
Someone had already bought it!
Still not jealous, an opportunity to not spend money.
As was the rule in the tiled cafe in the art gallery on Tuesday. They stop serving breakfast at 11 and don't serve other food till half past.  Even when it is sitting there on the counter.  The waiter suggested I went to Bagel Nosh in The Light instead, but I went home and drank my own coffee instead.
 


2 comments:

  1. The two photos before and after the garden tidy withe your words made me giggle. Perhaps it is the way blogger is making us upload pics at the moment but the timing was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'll take credit, whatever.

    ReplyDelete