Linocuts

Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy New Year

I missed last week because I was chucking up and was too busy during the week - trying to keep up to my resolutions - to catch up.
For some reason I can't upload pictures at the moment so I'll get the writing done.
Resolutions
Go to Scotland in the Autumn - possibly the Shetlands or Orkney, I've ordered brochures to see if I can find a place that will take a dog, have wifi, be warm and not too expensive.  Blipfoto has a couple or so blippers who live in the islands and say/show nothing to put me off October.  It started New Years Day with a 4extra program about the Northern Lights that reminded me I wanted to see them, and Diz mentioning reading Ann Cleves' detective stories set on Shetland which made me want to go there when I read them.
Organise my days a bit so that even projects that are in the doldrums get a bit of attention -
For instance:
  • I'm finding it really hard to move from simplified to traditional characters in Chinese
  • Knitting is not getting done even though I am bored with all my current woolies
  • I haven't finished a drawing except for printing for ages.
I've finished the Wild Places book and it was worth it, except for the eco lectures, and it made me think of a poem from that Penguin Series that I can't remember the name of.  It starts something like, 'Now and then looking at the very small' and is translated from Czech I think and it has been bobbing up all day.  Gggrrrrr.
Well, I've restarted and restarted the computer but still cannot upload pictures. So this is it.



No comments:

Post a Comment