Linocuts

Saturday 26 May 2012

Serendipity and the once a week blog

It's only Tuesday!
I really need a flow chart for this but have no idea where to get one.
I think I mentioned that Susan got me a book and wanted a jacket
Diz liked the bright, india inspired quilt. 
A couple maybe years ago I discovered Gond art on BibliO... 
thought I'd browse a while to see what other types of traditional Indian art there were.
A happily spent afternoon later - doesn't time fly - decided I liked warli,
looked on yahoo images
tracked my favourites down
found that peakay was in fact the nom de flickr of the BibliO... bloke
looked through his flickr pics
found that he had some Yuko Shimizu pics on BibliO...
found she'd got a monograph printed
not sure what a monograph is but bought it with one click
and I have
more blogs ( on indian art) to look at
become a follower of peakay on flickr

AND
managed to postpone cutting into the silk for yet another morning

AND
have this great book of pictures

The Big Wave (I put this in for Jim)

Take Your Time and Relax


Now hear this (2)


Bear Measuring

Apparently this one is on a GAP teeshirt

Wednesday - another day hotter than the south of France and I went off to York.  Had a great time trying out Blackberry maps to find my way.  It was OK about telling me where I was but not so good at how to get to the Quilt Museum.  And then I realised -  It thought I was in a car.  That's why I was in the middle of a patch of mist.  I was in a pedestrian precinct.

  I found the museum though and the weather was just right to try out the restaurant in the garden





and feel dead sophisticated with my glass of wine and dainty salad.


I didn't like to spoil the mood by asking but I reckon that the big green things are capers - hard to tell since they weren't pickled like I'm used to.






















The exhibition in the main hall is fantastic;  This isn't my favourite but they didn't have a catalogue
How did I manage to miss the issue of this?
 I don't know how they got him to have a trim and tidy for the photographer.  And he looks much too sharp to be the Rincewind in my head, but perhaps that's the spell looking out of his eyes.
Angel had her check up on Thursday.  Healthy and hearty and 1.8Kg heavier than last year:

She has to eat less since it is not possible to exercise more at the moment

 She tried out stretches
but gave up and decided that the best way to cope with eating less is doing less and dozed off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment