Linocuts

Friday 18 May 2012

What colour is violet and other vital questions

What colour is violet?  This is the aquilegia I thought was going to be blue, but I'm not sure that it is.

Is this violet?







 Or this







Is it possible to use colours effectively without being able to name them or is it the naming that allows me to distinguish a difference?
Why do I slow down towards the end of a project ?
Why do I plan a thing to the last milli... and then shut my eyes, forget the plan and jump in?
Is knowing that I do that why I hate the first mark in an exercise book
and the first cut of a piece of cloth?
If Beatrix Potter wrote 'Peter Rabbit' what did Alison Utley write?
Why won't the like button work for my facebook page>
Susan wants me to make the jacket from this book'Sumptuous Patchwork' and I've been putting off starting it and getting on with the quilt (some new pics on the quilting page though) all week.  Is that why I'm blogging now.

May pictures of my garden:






May 2010



May 2011

                                                                                           


May 2012










The alium continues to improve and it looks like the others will all come out together.
And the, even though I don't much like magenta, I think they will look quite impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment