Linocuts

Sunday 20 May 2012

I've discovered amigurumi!



 When Susan, Diz and I went to the Hepworth Gallery, which was a great visit.


I bought this in the gift shop


                                This is Rhoda. She turned out a little small.








This is Digbot. He's based on Boxbot.
          
The pictures of them in situ are in my facebook pics. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001376270871&sk=photos
Nelly Pailloux also has a blog - who hasn't - http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/crobot-roll-calland-review.html .  There are loads of amigurumi (yes, I do still have to look at the title to spell it - ami = knit or crotchet, gurumi = doll.  Thank you wikipedia) blogs, maybe I'll add one to the site list.

I made a decision walking the dog this morning, in between noticing that someone had been hedgecutting and wondering if the world could be divided in to those who wake up to look out of the window and those who dive straight into a book.  I am going to be less precious about my blog.  I don't need a round robin to keep in touch.  People can read my blog. Or at least can be invited to.

I had to earth up my taters today, and I've planted up the aubergines.  The okra and chard have come through so have the radishes and alyssum.  Apparently, according to the Daily Telegraph website, okra like hot and humid so they're in for a shock when they finally shake the soil off - I'm still wearing scarf and gloves when I walk the dog.

I'm thinking of going to Whitby at the end of June beginning of July. This was meant to be a video of  Angel playing with Belle who lives in the farmhouse.  Unfortunately, the video won't upload.  It won't upload to facebook either.  I don't know why.  I tried changing it from quickplay to windows media but it still wouldn't load and it won't go into facebook on realplayer because of something to do with august 2012 and platform migration - which leaves me none the wiser.

2 comments:

  1. Where are angel and Belle? Or am I just being stupid with the sign up? And what is my URL? And even though I am not a robot, I find those words very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've explained now why there is no video. And I'll try and find out why you need a URL.

      Delete