Linocuts

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Where does the time go?

This is the last week of creative writing and Chinese. Maybe in the Christmas break I'll catch up, or maybe not!


Today Angel goes for her hair cut. This is how she looked after a walk in the wet this morning:

We meet a whippet called Bonnie on our 10pm walk. They're like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe (or Katherine Hepburn and Diana Dors) and imagine what each would look like without their fur coats on - Audrey in suede and Marilyn in mink. So I don't know whether to push for the plush look or if she'll look like no more nor less than a sofa. Thinking of Marilyn this is my mum looking like Norma Jean at 90 might:

She was posing for the Guardian Camera Club November assignment for me.
I've been reading 'Velvet Elvis' by Rob Bell - Howard lent it me but I think I'm going to buy my own copy. Faith is jumping on a trampoline. I can remember that exhileration and it is what my faith is. Church dogma are the springs, Howard, Gunita, David and the rest are the people round the edges to make sure I feel safe to jump and Jesus is up there jumping with me - making me go higher and wilder than I ever could on my own. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment