Linocuts

Thursday 24 December 2009

A hibernating people

I think that my most 'British' characteristic is my urge to hibernate. It's snowing properly today and radio 4s advice is "Stay at home." I'm still waiting to hear from Diz about what we are going to do. This is the present view from my back door. I've just cleared the snow from the greenhouse roof, fed the birds (though how long it will be before it is buried again, I don't know) and poured a kettle of boiling water on the bird bath.
I rushed back to get this shot so there are more foot prints in it - at least 2 sets of mine: It is so Narnia, I wish Sammy were still nine.

This is with the flash last night, cos it shows up the berries

and this is without, cos it shows the beautiful lighting from the street lights.



As I've been writing this, it has stopped - I don't know if I'm disappointed or pleased but I'd better get the kitchen floor washed, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment