Linocuts

Monday 25 March 2013

Portraits

I had 10 minutes before printmaking started and went to the college library.  And found:
It's not strange to find a painter I've not heard of. I like the way that she does heads so differently to legs.

Anh Duong has Vietnamese, Spanish, French and American connections. 





















And it was that which set me off on my art library hunt



I went looking for a portrait painter who was/is British, Female.

 I found Gwen John,






















Alison Watt,  who I recognised from her white cloth pictures















 Jean Cooke,
 
Hannah Gluckstein,





















Maggi Hambling
and they lead me to a website absolutely overwhelmingly full of pictures and I got caught up in looking rather than selecting and I'm not sure why I decided I liked these pictures now, or even if I do, hands were part of it and Alison Watt is the solidity.

Then it snowed and I did my 'how I got on with Julian of Norwich' essay, which is on the Belief page.

No comments:

Post a Comment