Linocuts

Sunday 2 September 2012

A bit of random, this week


Are people tidier or poorer.  Angel - who has lost 0.1kg - found her first soft drink bottle of the year on our way back from the weigh in.  They still make a very satisfying racket and have her running round in circles trying to pick them up.

This is what the world looked like on the way to yoga
and this is what it looked like on the way back
 


And this morning it was Autumn - you know when the sun is bright but the air is cold and the shadows too long.
 
I planted six of these 'cos the advert said they would do well in shade.  I suspect that it depends on your definition of shade and weather they like being daily danced on by a small dog that is looking for the photo-shy hedgehog which suppers on the droppings from the bird feeder.  If it survives the winter it might make more than one plant 10" high.
 
 
It has been a good week, aims wise:
  • for my journal quilt, I got a word from every inchie Monday - 'world'  I thought 'round' then a phrase from the travelling vicar we had on Sunday, 'broken made whole' and of course, the book of Welsh quilting for the quilting patterns.  For more see the quilts page.
  • I did 4 chapters of Chinese revision.
  • in preparation for printmaking I've started a 'weathervane' series with a cockerel that is in my head - I'm not sure if it is Kellogs or a Spain advert - but it's to do with the fact that prey is always slightly insane with adrenalin (if that's what they have that makes them not only safe but always ready for flight).
  • I got out my winter quilt and started quilting the borders.
  • I am doing a row a day of the sashiko sampler.

2 comments:

  1. Love your welsh hearts - are you going to have a go at trapunto in your art quilt? - I've always liked the look of it but as I've never actually done any quilting I obviously haven't done any of that either.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Trapunto looks like something you do once you've mastered the basics, so not yet for a while!

    ReplyDelete