Linocuts

Monday 30 July 2012

Unfinished post

Today I am better organised.  Honest!
The Sicilian cooking went OK. The pork and pasta was disappointing - maybe cos I had no penne so I used the bows.  It was tasty enough the first day but the mint flavour didn't last and I was fed up of it by Friday.  It isn't the most attractive dish ever, either:





The aubergine capanata I'd had before.  It was why I wanted to try Sicilain - it was as good as expected and the taste lasted well too.  This version had pear and sugar in - the pear was a good addition but I don't think I'll put sugar in next time:
This week is Japanese:

Chicken and egg rice bowl and peas with ginger was today's and it was tasty:

I'm going to do smaller portions this week, cos fresh cooked is tastier, even if it is more faff.  So to come is
  • Okinawan slow cooked pork , beans with sesame dressing and miso ramen
  • crab, cucumber and wakame salad and carrots cooked in dashi
  • simmered chicken meatballs and wakatake
  • miso soup with carrots and mushroom and cucumber and shitake salad
It was my first trip back to Beeston in Bloom on Saturday.  There weren't many there but it was very pleasant company
and me.

We got the long borders tidied up:
 And the other thing I wanted to say more about was the sewing. 

The book I got the tambour idea from is:
The cover is gorgeous and is done in chain which is where the tambour hook comes in.







4 comments:

  1. Wow, you cooked Japanese with chopsticks!(^o^)
    Where can you get Japanese food such as miso, wakame, shitake or dashi?

    The pot like kokeshi is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am so slow to answer comments on my blog. Japanese food and cookery is popular in England. You can get most ingredients in supermarkets or health shops and I made the dashi. Who/what is kokeshi?

      Delete
    2. The comment system error occurred again, it seems.
      Thank you, ragwort.
      I'm glad to hear that people in England likes Japanese food.
      Kokeshi is Japanese traditional wooden dolls.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, ragwort.
    Kokeshi is traditional wooden dolls in Japan.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokeshi

    ReplyDelete