Linocuts

Friday 2 April 2010

My favourite pictures

None of these are from the first day because this is not about progress but the ooh factor and these surprise me with my achievement.  Can you feel me slapping myself on the back?


This is a ten minute study from the third day.  What got me were the two shapes I could see: one made by her legs
and the other her body and arms.

Louisa showed me how to mix a neutral acrylic wash for this one - I felt I really understood mixing and using a palette by the time she had finished.  She showed me how to clean up dribbles and by the end I was slapping paint anywhere.  One of the others said it was 'gestural' which is what I was after - big sweeping confident strokes.

and this is what I did in 3 or so minutes (not counting colour mixing time) at the most on Wednesday afternoon after I'd wrecked one and Louisa had used the second for a proportion demonstration.  I'm pleased cos it's daring and not fidgetty.

Ten minutes worth.  I like the way I have done less than in my other sitting ones and the way she seems to twist.  The way her head sat on her neck and her neck on her shoulders was lovely and I think I got that.

No comments:

Post a Comment